Monday, February 2, 2009

I dont plan on these posts being this regular.






I enjoy a good marketing scheme. Recently I have noticed red bull is just a beast. I always knew they were sponsoring awsome stuff like low level plane races and travis pastrana, but it seems everytime I see something amazingly super cool and death defying (search "thrillbillies" on youtube) they have a redbull helmet/sticker on. Alas their symbol is highly awsome and the origin story is one of excessive greed and ruthless ambition, and it should be no other way (nike?anyone?). As a side note, I googled tom ford the other day and realized his marketing scheme was also rather clever, to the point, and controversial. These series of photographs made me think that maybe marketing posters should be considerd art. Along with other out standing marketing sings like the dr pepper song, or the "Mars Blackmon" Jordan commercials. Pics below:

I have a thing for sneakers. I guess I always kind of appreciated sneakers. I did really acknowledge my own attractoin to footwear until high school, when I realized that blank, simply nikes were simply obnoxoius/ugly. Even in middle school i thought the popular choice of chuck taylors trumped this effortless attempt at fashion (or even STYLE?!) but it grew more and more popular (shout out nelly!). In any event. Obviously I love jordans! I think dunks are awsome too, mostly because that silhouette is just so iconic. When I think if a sneaker i think of a that perfect three panel design, in those three quinticential flavors: low, mid with a strap, and hi top. The swoosh is really to me a swoosh on what is the footwear equivilent of the original ice cream cone. But some of my favorite non-dunk/Jordan/nike basketball shoes (did i mention foamposites yet?) are Reebok Pump Omnilites. I think that, by far and large, the colorways are atrocious, but some are fuckin great. Most notably the hybefull dee brown 1991's:



In a perfect world, no one would eat fast food. But this aint wal greens! So today was my first real experience at a taco bell. After I got through the terrible service (they gave me two gorditas intead of my requested one gordita and one chilupa) I feasted down on a gordita and chilupa. The gordita seemed to be not much more than a terrible attempt at a chicken gyro, while the chilupa offerd something differnt. a warm, crunchy, terrible-for-you-but-welcome-to-america taste that only fast food can offer. Before biting this I was almsot positive this was my first and last taco bell visit. But a chilupa craving, and the need for more of that limited edition mountain dew (how did they work that deal out, anyway?!) might draw me back for more.

Im a nerd at core. Actaully, im a nerd a few centimeters below the surface. I seem to find myslef checking out gadgets and video games daily, and more importantly, a few times a week i look up some Dungeouns and Dragons monsters, miniatures or more on wikipedia, or google. I often regularly check warhammer.com, too, for some out of this world (pun alert!) inspiritaion, attention to detail, and craftsmanship. In any event, wikipedias main article today got me thinking, man a stegosarus back blade would make one helluva shield in dungeousn in dragons! perfect size, shape, and i hear bone is 5 times stronger than steel (pound for pound that is!)!! Next thing ya know, im surfin the facebook waves and someone mentions dnd. Funny How fate works out sometimes, aint it?!
Ps: I love the casio/keffiyeh fads. i know im super late, trust me, i adopted early. I love to know EXACTLY what time it is, never know the date, and not that i am in college, sometiems i dont know what day it is. And i love some good neckwear, any accessorie that works in the hot and cold, and anything that is antiwear/pro other cultures. Best fads ever. (I kinda dig the whole greaser thing, but it has some rather mean undertones. shout out punk rock too (or more specificaly street punk? (double shout out tripple parenthesis)))

No comments:

Post a Comment